Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

How can you stop an eviction! Landlord is trying to evict

Customer Question

How can you stop an eviction! Landlord is trying to evict tenant who just had a STROKE! He is having a hard time moving which would be hard to pack to move! Is there anything we can do? Text ********** or email ************
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I need additional information.

Has the eviction action filed in Court?

What is the reason for eviction?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We had I guess court papers but no date to show up! The landlord is his mom! She wants me out that's no problem but all eviction notices cones,in his name! The sheriff left paper on door claiming we,need to be out! That's no problem either! It just that Mike can't move the way he wants or as fast as he wants to be out by monday the 10th!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When he was in the hospital the only way for him to be released was as long as someone was & with him! I don't think his mom understands his health!

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I still do not completely understand what has transpired. How can his mother file for eviction case without a date for him to show up? Was he served the eviction Summons and complaint, but he failed to respond to the eviction action allowing his mother to get Default Judgment and Writ of Possession? If you are getting a notice from the Sheriff that would be notice for the Execution of the Judgment of Eviction.

Kindly clarify so that I can figure out what the solution would be.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Back in Jan 2016, Mike had a dentist appointment! While getting ready he had 3 seizures so we canceled the appointment! Well, he's mom was willing to pay to get his teeth fixed! So on pay the rent day in Feb, we went to pay! She comes at him with don't you want to get her teeth fixed! He says yes, she replied I don't think so you canceled your appointment! He wouldn't tell her why! So I responded with he had 3 seizures. She walks to him & says I don't know why you wouldn't want to get your teeth fixed I'm paying for it! His 59 when he,was 50 he had*****asked any heart problems in the family, he asked his mom her respond was yes but didn't think it was important! Then, she told him most of the men in family died before 50
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He talked to her about all the papers & she kept telling him he can stay, the papers keep coming! Just want to know if can slow the date cause he really can not move like he,wants too

I am sorry, but I still do not understand whether or not he has execution for eviction. I cannot help you if I do not know exactly what is going on with the eviction. You need to specifically answer my questions so that I can help you. Otherwise, I will opt out.

Here are my questions once more:

How can his mother file for eviction case without a date for him to show up? Was he served the eviction Summons and complaint, but he failed to respond to the eviction action allowing his mother to get Default Judgment and Writ of Possession? If you are getting a notice from the Sheriff that would be notice for the Execution of the Judgment of Eviction.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it to late to file an appeal at the court
To ask for more time since its,hard for him to move around!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Or can his mom meet with sheriff & ask for more time?