Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

If I own a house and rent a room where my roommate I found

Customer Question

If I own a house and rent a room where my roommate I found out is smoking crack and I ask the police to search the room will I get in trouble because it's in my house or will they put it on him
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You will be fine, the police never charge the person who contacted them about someone violating the law, even if they are doing it in the reporting person's home.. No one would report any crimes in their homes being done by other people if that happened..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand that last sentence what does it mean when you say no one would report any crimes in their homes being done by other people if that happened...Please explain that as I am confused

If A owned a home and B had a meth lab in the home, then A would never report it to the police if they would be charged with a crime..

.

That is why the law doesn't work that way. If a homeowner calls in a report of some type of criminal activity going on, they are never charged with a crime.

.

.

thanks