Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I have a rental/sale agreement with my brother-in-law with

Customer Question
just his name as the...
I have a rental/sale agreement with my brother-in-law with just his name as the seller and just mine as the purchaser. The property is in his name only. His wife and my wife (sisters) have had a falling out and his wife wants to change the agreement and/or evict us for no reason. She also has given him a list of demands that she wants from us and is threatening to divorce him if he doesn't get us to comply. The list includes giving her keys so she can enter the property whenever she wants and changing the agreement so that if we don't buy the property within one year we have to move out. We have been renting under the same agreement for almost five years and giving them keys is not in the agreement. It does say he can enter the property for inspections if he gives us 24 hour notice. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law pushed her way into the house to have a shouting match with my wife and scared my son's so much that they hid in their room and my older son had the phone in his hand prepared to dial 911. Is there any way to keep my sister-in-law away from the property short of a PA order? We are located in Pennsylvania.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/29/2016
Lawyer: LawyerDavid, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney
You can go for a protective order, but the bot***** *****ne is she has zero business being on the property. You have a lease to the property which means you own possession during the lease. If she enters the property without permission she is trespassing. Tell her to leave immediately. If she doesnt call the police and have her arrested for trespassing. She will never do it again and hopefully stop acting like an idiot. I hope this helps, David
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney