Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My husband and I leased a new car in January 2016. We do not

Customer Question
My husband and I leased...
My husband and I leased a new car in January 2016. We do not like the car at all. We told the Auto Dealer that we did not like the car and they told us they would try to help. The only thing they could come up with was for us to trade in the car for a different car, pay $3000, and keep the same lease, which is a 3 yr lease. We want out of the lease and want to purchase a new car. Is there anyway we can get out of this lease? We still do not like the car at all. It is very hard for us to get in and out of it. We are 73 yrs old. We would like to know if there is a way out or if we are stuck with this car for another 2 1/4 years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/26/2016
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. From a legal standpoint, the dealer is not obligated to simply take the vehicle back and let you out of your current lease. They can certainly work with you and allow you to trade the vehicle in and place you in a new car, but they are going to likely factor in the payments, when the car is sold verse what is owed on it, for the buy out. I do know that you are having problems getting in and out of the vehicle but the dealer does not have to take it back. As such, you can see what it can be sold for and put in the difference but you are not likely going to be able to just get out of it without having to pay anything.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney