How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10603
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been having pest problems in my house for several

Customer Question

i have been having pest problems in my house for several months, but most recently in Aug 16 a bat got into my home. i told my landlord about it and he did nothing 4 for weeks, i have called and had visits from 2 pest control companies and he still did nothing, i have not slept well since this has happens. now all of a sudden my landlord want to have a contractor over just to look things over, i had NY code dept come visit my house and they saw several violations which they reported. i have held my rent for this month of Sept. at this point i just want an attorney to represent me and help me get time to move out by Nov 1 without anymore stress. can someone help me i know i have rights too
Monique Stanley-anderson ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

It sounds like you have good grounds to terminate your lease. However, people on this site cannot provide legal representation as that is against site rules. However, you can find a lawyer who handles landlord-tenant matters in your area. You can find lawyers in or where they list attorneys by geographic area and specialty. You should look two or three up in your area and speak to each about how they would handle your situation. Select the one with which you feel comfortable.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 10 months ago.

I answered your questions a few days ago. If you do not have any more questions please highly rate my answer as that is how I credit for working on your question.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions