Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Lone Star Realty in Killeen, TX. Dispute has arisen over an

Customer Question

Lone Star Realty in Killeen, TX. Dispute has arisen over an A/C repair. They claim there was dog hair in the coil, the A/C repairman said there was negligible hair in there, meaning there wasn't enough to cause the damage. A/C guy said it was years of accumulated dirt, mold and cobwebs. Then the A/C guy discovered a valve that was causing it to clog, and then discovered the drain pipe was bent. Lone Star is insisting that it is strictly dog hair. However, they do not have maintenance records and they have not returned phone calls to our renter's insurance company. Realty company has not returned my phone calls either. I finally got in touch with the main inspector and he had to say something about how the house looked like when they came in. In respect to the fact that it was cluttered, dishes hadn't been done. We had sick people, it was over the 4th of July as well and my daughter's birthday is ***** 3rd. This has absolutely nothing to do with the A/C. Yet they said that they were going to come back in and do a re-inspection. It never happened.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I wait for them to evict or ask for arbitration?

There is a definite advantage to "getting ahead" of being sued for eviction therefore the arbitration probably makes more sense. It will usually give you additional time to get matters resolved and you end up with the same result with less expense.