How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a disruptive tenant above us which as of this day

Customer Question

We have a disruptive tenant above us which as of this day the landlord has been ignoring our request to call their attention. The noise ranges from a child which normally don't take her out, to their sexual activities at 3:00-4:00am unabling us to sleep. These issues are in addition to bug infestation which we had to spray our unit over 5 times since we moved in.
Last, the last meeting I had we the property manager was that if we were so disgusted about the situation, then we should move out. We have been in contract only six months.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 10 months ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. As a tenant, you have a right to quiet enjoyment. If that is being disturbed, the landlord and/or management needs to correct it. If they fail to do so, they would be in breach of the lease agreement. If they are in breach and you do have to vacate, you can then sue the landlord for the damages and costs incurred, for moving out.