Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I paid my rent in the month of July as I usually do with a

Customer Question
$500 money order and a...
I paid my rent in the month of July as I usually do with a $500 money order and a $84 money order. On July 22nd I received the paper from the office that I will be responsible for lawyer fees. I went to the office to find out that they said my $500 money order was no good. They gave me a copy of the money order just the front part. Alongside a copy of my money order was a check number in a statement saying this is a legal copy of your check you can use it as you would your original check. It didn't make sense to me I called memo money order. I paid $15 to get a copy of my money order front and back. On the copy it said that money order was paid on July 8th. It also stated that the money order was never returned to memo 4 no mistakes. They said the money order process through like a normal money order no problems at all. I went to the office and asked her where did she get this information about this money order. She said from the bank but it was never a copy from the bank the paper came from the office. Memo decided to send them a copy too cuz they couldn't understand what was going on. The money order was stamped with the apartment complex stamp for deposit only. The money or the process went through smoothly. How Could my $500 money order be bad and my $84 money order fine. It took them almost three weeks to clear that money order that is the office, and all it took was a phone call to the bank but with the confirmation number. I knew it was more to this money order then what was being said. After the office had their Payday the money order cleared. Suspiciously. I had got my social worker involved in this process also. They had put in eviction papers on me they told me and my social worker we did not have to go to court the case would be dismissed. They convinced my social worker to tell me that knowing that I have mental health problems I suffer from PTSD, depression and anxiety. So we didn't go to court. On the 19th they gave me a paper stating that it wa she signed a statement saying that if any of these statements s an accidental process four eviction and at no time was my account delinquent and that I paid my rent one time since December 2011. On August 25th they went to court told the judge I paid all the money out owe d and that we settled the case. At the end of my court papers she signed a statement saying that if any of the statements he made were willfully False she will be subject to punishment. They mislead me and my social worker saying the case would be dismissed they did not tell the judge the truth and now my credit is ruined. And I am in the process buying a home through the VA home loan Association. Can I collect damages from this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Isn't this a violation of my civil rights being for to court under false pretense and I also forgot to tell you they made me pay my rent again for July $500 after the memo money order Financial Services sent them the information they needed to let them know the money order was paid.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2016
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I am sending you an offer for live telephone support. Once you accept it I can speak to you on the phone about the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you

Do you want to continue through this form of communication?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing to add just response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not want a phone offer I want my response

I have a couple of questions. Is my understanding correct that the court was told the case was settled and not that there was never an arrears in the rent? The letter requesting the lawyers fees was after the case was dismissed in court based on the settlement is that correct? Did the landlord report to the credit reporting agencies that you were late on your rent and then failed to correct that information?

I asked you some questions I need the answer to to respond to your question. Are you still interested in the answer?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer