How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue a lender for treats,harassment and discrimination

Customer Question

can I sue a lender for treats,harassment and discrimination to my family and my self
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 11 months ago.
you can sue a lender for harassing you and your family. The fair dept collection practices act will apply in your situation.
Above is a link to the FTC explaining the law in detail. I would also contact a local consumer protection attorney in your area. They can defend the claim and also sue the lender for their improper practices. Good luck with everything. I hope this helps, David.
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 11 months ago.
I am also going to offer you a call in case your think it would help to talk through everything this evening. Thanks, David
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for answer my question but my lenders is not treats harassment and discrimination for deb problems I paid my rent each month I never paid late the issue with my lender is because I not like her because her is racist
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also her harassment and treats my family and myself because her goal is kick my family and my self out but her not have any valid reason for pull me out because I'm current on my rent and my family and me never cause any issue in all the time we have live on the apartments
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I make a writer mistake I write lender and is landlords
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 11 months ago.

Okay sorry for just now getting back to you. Yes, you can sue your landlord for harassment and threats to your family. I would suggest you find a Consumer Protection lawyer in your local area and have that individual consult with you on how to proceed. Usually, the attorney can write and send a letter to the landlord and tell them to cease immediately and they will to avoid legal action. Alternatively, you could sue the landlord yourself in Small Claims court in your local area for breach of contract (your lease) and for harrassment which would be as effective in my opinion as a letter from an attorney. I would proceed with an attorney or small claims as soon as possible because delaying could appear that it is not a significant problem to a court reviewing the situation. I hope this helps, David

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions