Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If I am asked to move out an apartment do I have 30 days if…

Customer Question
If I am asked to...
If I am asked to move out an apartment do I have 30 days if I have not violated any rules and does a property owner have the rights to tell me who I can and cannot have in my apartment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/30/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is this regarding an Arkansas or California property?

Do you have a written lease or is the tenancy month to month?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a month to month

Is it in Arkansas or California?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sherwood,Arkansas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you want me to pay again and you never answered my first question if you can't answer then get off the dam web page

Thank you for the additional information.

Arkansas requires 30 days notice, prior to the next rent due date, to terminate a month to month tenancy.

So, notice given today would terminate on Oct 1. Notice given next week would terminate on 11/1.

You would need to continue paying rent until the termination date.

Excuse me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you charge my card I will file a police report against you

Nor can you be evicted without a court order. In other words, the landlord cannot just lock you out without incurring liability.

Can you see my responses?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?