How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to evict a tenant that has broken numerous lease

Customer Question

I need to evict a tenant that has broken numerous lease terms and unsure how to serve him or if there are issues as he is currently voluntarily in Holly Hill mental facility. How do I do this? What challenges do I face given he is in the institution? Also, he has allowed other family members to move into the property and they are causing issues for other adjacent tenants, most recent and severe is driving recklessly and almost running over a 4 year old child. Do I need to include them on the eviction filing (note some are minors and all are family, e.g. wife, daughters, step daughters). Note wife and daughters are not on the lease and I was unaware he was even married when I rented to him plus he is trying to finalize his separation/divorce and does not want them there and willing to communicate to any sheriff.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

You would need to serve at last known address. If he has permanently located to this facility, you would serve it there.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

The adminstrative office would take the papers on his behalf and it can also be mailed.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Secondly, if he has left with no intent to return as expressed, one may take possession on theory of abandonment.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can we talk on phone as your responses didn't address all my questions in my detailed initial question and it's complicated/difficult to go back n forth via text or email
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Not set up for a call. what can I clarify or further address?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.