How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an Uncle that is living in SC now but have been

Customer Question

I have an Uncle that is living in SC now but have been declared by a FLORIDA judge to be a Ward and so my EX sister in law was his Grenadian she was not caring for him properly so he moved to SC where he is now. My father is his Payee on his Social Security payments for him being mentally handicap. His landlord refuse to fix the broken stove so my father bought a new one and did not pay her until the price for the stove and service was covered She filed for eviction over it and today they had their hearing in the beginning he told the magistrate judge that he is a Ward and then gave the judge a paper with the meaning of a ward on it, still the judge stated asking him questions of which he did not know how to answer, in the end the judge gave him until the first of September to move out............What me and my Father is trying to do is get an Emergency injunction filed to stop the eviction so that my father can speak on his behalf as a witness in another eviction hearing because he did not and does not have the mental level to even say to the judge that MR Riley my father who was in the court will be his witness and can explain things......... so I NEED HELP FILING AN INJUNCTION TO STOP THE EVICTION AND WHAT COURT DO I FILE IT IN THE DORCHESTER CO SOUTH CAROLINA COMMON PLEAS OR THE MAGISTRATE COURT THAT ORDERED THE EVICTION.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. I am sorry to read about your Uncle's difficulties.

You need to file the papers at the Magistrate Court that entered the eviction Order. Click here for more information on South Carolina eviction process.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions