How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 102506
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Friend I apparently can't get a continuance on my case so I

Customer Question

Hi Friend I apparently can't get a continuance on my case so I am entitled to appeal in 10 day but what I really need is to get a afforadble way to pay for a 8500.00 bounced check from this guy. He did all this work on my performance truck taking 11 mos to do what he said was 30 days of work. And as we have gone through this process that truck has stopped working but I sound like a swindler because I bounced the check. Will the court give me a reasonableway to pay back or take my stuff
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. On this website, I do not always get to give good news, and this is one of these times.

Once judgment is made, it is due immediately. The Plaintiff can do the following to enforce it:

-levy a bank account

-lien titled property

-garnish up to 25% of net pay, or

-attach and sell off non-exempt assets towards judgment.

The Court does not provide a "payment plan." So unless the Plaintiff agrees to a payment plan in a private contract, then the Court will allow the Plaintiff to do any of the above to collect on a judgment.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.