Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a consulting contract with a person and I would like

Customer Question

I have a consulting contract with a person and I would like to confirm whats the payment dates in this contract when says: " payment executed on 1st and 15th of month are for services rendered in that period" So he need s to pay me on 1st and 15th for right?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for your question today and it is my pleasure to be of assistance to you today. The use of this forum will not constitute any lawyer-client relationship but is strictly legal information provided by me to you. After taking my opinion on board, you should further consult with local attorney, who will be able to assess your information based on local laws and a complete interview.

I will do my utmost to answer your question as accurately as possible. If I require additional information, I will ask you and please provide as much as is convenient and possible in your circumstances.

In return, after I’ve answered your question, PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE POSITIVELY BEFORE LEAVING, this ensures that I get a credit for my answer.

Alternatively, you may follow up with me on your question until you sufficiently understand and are happy with the explanation of the law, and THEREAFTER PLEASE RATE POSITIVELY.

This is a contractual interpretation matter.

To decide on the exact interpretation of this stipulation some more information is needed.

Is this the first contract ?

If not how was payment negotiated in the last contract ?

When did the agreement start ?

How have you been paid up to date ?

What is the disagreement ?

Was there any verbal agreement that isn't present in the contract ?

What was the verbal agreement ?

What kind of contract is it exactly, what's the service ?

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the first contract ? yes it is
If not how was payment negotiated in the last contract ?When did the agreement start ? 07/29/16How have you been paid up to date ? I send a invoice on 08/05 for the first payment and 08/14 for the second one and I just received 1 payment.What is the disagreement ?Was there any verbal agreement that isn't present in the contract ? No everything is in the contract,What was the verbal agreement ?

It will be difficult for me to give a precise answer without review of the document.

I will also need to know which part drew up the contract, you or the other party ?

In general the person who drew up the contract will be responsible for any ambiguities in the contract.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the consultant, and my client did not pay me on time
we have a 60 days notice option to rescind the contract, the client is a investor he bought a gas station and the landlord obligate himto hire a management company because he does not know anything about gas station
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have to send him a letter? also landlord need to know if I will rescind the contract. can you formalize those letter for me? or a example

If everything is down in writing as you wrote, I could only give an answer based upon a premium service and review of the contract. In addition its proper interpretation is influenced by any verbal assertions. Some contracts can be void for mutual mistake or ambiguity, so I would need to take a look at it and you would need to tell me which State it applies to.

This will be a premium service for a contract review.

I cannot really say without seeing it to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Florida, can you send me your email I can forward this contract

Yes, once you accept the offer. I will be able to send you an email contact.

The service is confined to the terms and conditions of justanswer which allows me to give legal information about your contract without engaging in a client- lawyer relationship.

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with this premium service you will be able to read the contract and give me a legal answer? can you write down also a 60 day notice and a opinion letter to landlord as requested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also what should I sent to my client to informe he needs to pay me

I will be able to read the contract if you send it in either word, pdf, or in the content of the email and offer an answer based upon the law in Florida.

I'm precluded from personally representing customers of justanswer.com so I will not be in a position to draft paperwork or represent you as that would be a client-lawyer relationship.

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok tks

Yes, this is the premium service offer. If you decide to go for it, include as much additional information as possible in the email along with the contract.

Including: who drew it up , verbal representations prior to signing and any previous course of dealings.

Thanks

Bill