Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I have a guy who was dropped off here with my friend and has

Customer Question
not left my home since...
I have a guy who was dropped off here with my friend and has not left my home since he does not pay bills he puts no money into this house he is not on any paperwork for this property or house he eats and drinks all our stuff I am a single mom barely making it and he has overstayed his welcome I ask him to leave all the time he wont he tells me to evict him and he needs time and I can not afford this at all I am only one paying for things I dont even really know him and this is getting to be ridiculous i have been telling him for at least 2 to 3 months to leave and he needed to be finding somewhere to go I am without food now and drinks for me and my children because of him what can I do I need him gone
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/8/2016
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Well, No good deed ever goes unpunished, does it? As long as you continue to provide food and drink for Freddie the Freeloader he is not going anywhere just because you ask him to. Somewhere in your local parish, there is a small claims or renters court in which a person like you can handle an eviction on their own, without an attorney. I strongly suggest that you get one started tomorrow. If you put "the name of your County-eviction court" into a Google search, you should be able to get all of the information you need on how to file. The court will usually provide forms.

Please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks not what I wanted to hear I can't take him being here no longer I don't tell him he can eat here he just helps himself I have told him numerous times we can't afford him

What did you want to hear? I told you how to get rid of him legally. If you wish to do it otherwise, that's entirely up to you. Do you want help with your court forms?

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney