Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord evicted me because I stopped helping him with his…

Customer Question
Landlord evicted me because I...
Landlord evicted me because I stopped helping him with his over-due bills of electricity and water/sewer. I was not requested to pay him rent, because I was there to help him reside his house. He went into debt with his credit card to almost $10,000.00. He took money from me and took my items to sell. He was facing criminal court. He wanted me gone so I would have a more difficult time to be in court. Plus he was facing a possible charge of allowing his other tenant to attack me, and with 2 attacks it would cost him $10,000. each. He knew these attacks happen but the resident that did this, is the landlord's, very close friend. Difficult to prove without his admittance. my word against his lies. Should a judge even listen to an eviction from a Landlord facing criminal court??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 day by:
8/3/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the landlord engaged in this conduct, you can use breach of contract and constructive unlawful eviction against the landlord. So, you need to bring in evidence of the conduct and money you paid to show the court that he was acting unlawfully to get you out of the property. As a veteran you can go to local legal aid office to get legal assistance to fight them on this matter and you should consider doing so and not let him get away with it.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney