How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 116727
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Landlord evicted me because I stopped helping him with his

Customer Question

Landlord evicted me because I stopped helping him with his over-due bills of electricity and water/sewer. I was not requested to pay him rent, because I was there to help him reside his house. He went into debt with his credit card to almost $10,000.00. He took money from me and took my items to sell. He was facing criminal court. He wanted me gone so I would have a more difficult time to be in court. Plus he was facing a possible charge of allowing his other tenant to attack me, and with 2 attacks it would cost him $10,000. each. He knew these attacks happen but the resident that did this, is the landlord's, very close friend. Difficult to prove without his admittance. my word against his lies. Should a judge even listen to an eviction from a Landlord facing criminal court??
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the landlord engaged in this conduct, you can use breach of contract and constructive unlawful eviction against the landlord. So, you need to bring in evidence of the conduct and money you paid to show the court that he was acting unlawfully to get you out of the property. As a veteran you can go to local legal aid office to get legal assistance to fight them on this matter and you should consider doing so and not let him get away with it.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions