How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sober living house requested I pay 3 months in advance for a

Customer Question

Sober living house requested I pay 3 months in advance for a total over 5000.00
I wired the money but relapsed and left in the first week.
Called to offer they keep 1 months worth for the week and asked they refund the other 2 months.
They refuse. They say I can return and finish my time there but no refunds.
The place is in Arizona and I live in Hawaii.
Looking for suggestions you may have.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you sign a written agreement with the sober living facility?

If you did sign a written contract with the facility, did the contract address any cancellations / refunds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No agreements were signed. I have a receipt from my bank for the wire transfer.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

So at not time you signed any documents with the sober living facility?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions