How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a month and a half sec deposit. My tendency was

Customer Question

Hi, I have a month and a half sec deposit. My tendency was cancelled in April. I found an apartment in River Grove, paid 6 months rent up front. The guy wasnt right and I asked him to give my money back,he had a tenamt in unit schefuled to move, but still wanted me to pay upfront. So I call my landlord and ask for more time.he said ok. I was having a hard time finding a unit in my budget. So I called and asked my landlord instead of living out sec dep, that I will pay him because I needed more time. He said fine but the sheriff still gone serve me, I have three kids I could not possibly pay him and still have to find a place and pay landlord in a few weeks.what should I do.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.