Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Elevator Lease Contract ( Use ). The Tenant will take the

Customer Question
Elevator Lease Contract ( For...
Elevator Lease Contract ( For Clinic Use )
B. The Tenant will take the responsibility for the following:
1. Scheduling and being present for mandated yearly inspections and monthly maintenance.
2. Cleaning and upkeep of elevator interior and exterior, including the street space directly in front of the elevator (i.e. Shoveling snow, removing trash, and so forth)
3. Repair and associated fees
4. Liability insurance
5. Resolution and settlement of all violations that occur during usage of elevator, including tickets and other penalties
6. All other fees associated with usage and maintenance of elevator (i.e. Electricity fee, which the landlord will cover only $30.00 and any agreed upon special RPC fees with installation of heater in the winter)
7. Lastly, upon expiration of this 5 year lease, tenant must either renew lease or return ownership of elevator. If the elevator is returned, it must be returned in working condition and cleaned.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Elevator Lease Contract ( For Clinic Use )This is in Brooklyn. NY
7/24/2016
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I see no reason for you to go out on a limb. You can simply tell the doctor that those are the terms, and that he must agree or you will not get him the key. Why should you agree to terms like that and not the subtenant who will actually be using the elevator?

Having said that, I'm not sure if that's the legal information that you were seeking. Do you have any specific questions? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Doctor is only care for the key and elevator, her husband told me over the phone and said they will go after me in court for loses because they can't do business without elevator.

Hello again.

I understand the doctor's point of view. I'm sure there could be occasions when certain patients simply cannot go up and down stairs. If you are sued, then you can file a cross-complaint against your landlord and argue that you are nothing more than the middle man in this situation. I don't know what representations, if any, you made to the doctor when he signed the lease with you, nor what representations were made by your landlord to you when you signed the lease, and those facts could be important in how such a case turns out. Another important fact could be whether it is reasonable for the doctor to refuse to sign the contract. It sounds like it may be unreasonable.

But if you want to avoid a lawsuit altogether, then you can simply opt to sign the contract with your landlord, and get the doctor the key without making her sign anything. Then you'll have to take charge of the elevator. It may be worth it for you if your profit from subleasing is high enough.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further clarification, and please remember to provide positive feedback via the stars. Thank you.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney