Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My tenant's lease agreement expired on 06/30/2016, a new

Customer Question

My tenant's lease agreement expired on 06/30/2016 , a new lease agreement was created with a $75.00 increased from the original lease agreement that started on 07/01/2016.
The tenant made the rent payment for this month of July for the amount of $2000.00 but has failed to sign the new lease agreement that I emailed to him 3 weeks ago. I have tried to contact him by phone and email and he has been ignoring my emails.
I will be sending him a certified mail today. I want you to Please write the letter mentioning the following:
1.The UNSIGNED lease agreement that I email to him is causing him to be considered as he has been Holding On the Property (Clause 15 of the lease agreement-Holding Over: "If you remain in possession of the premises after the lease expires or otherwise terminates, then you will be considered a tenant from month to month and subject to all of the terms of
this lease, except that the monthly rental can be changed by Landlord with thirty (30) days’ advance notice to you. As a month to month tenant the monthly rent will be $3850.00 x Month" (The original lease agreement 2015-2016 was $1975.00 , the new lease agreement 2016-2017 is $2000.00 x month)
2.Give an option in the Letter about Returning the signed lease agreement after 7 days of the date of this notice (07/16/2016) in order for the agreement to be valid at the new rate of $2000.00 per month otherwise the new rate will be $3850 per month, all the other term of the unsigned lease agreement will valid.
3.If the tenant doesn't return the signed lease agreement within 7 days of this letter, any payment that he makes on 08/01/2016 under $3850.00 x Month will be considered as partial payment and I will start an eviction process.
PLEASE add or take any information that I am not including and is by law a valid argument .
Bot***** *****ne: 1.I need him to either sign the new lease agreement within 7 days of this letter that you are creating or 2.make the deposit of the month to month rate of $3850.00 on the first on next month , or 3.vacate the property in 30 days and pay accordingly any outstanding rent at the rate of $38500.00 x month
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is the lease agreement.Thank you
XV
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. What information are you seeking? What is your question, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply : )
Please read my initial email:My tenant's lease agreement expired on 06/30/2016 , a new lease agreement was created with a $75.00 increased from the original lease agreement that started on 07/01/2016.
The tenant made the rent payment for this month of July for the amount of $2000.00 but has failed to sign the new leaseagreement that I emailed to him 3 weeks ago. I have tried to contact him by phone and email and he has been ignoring my emails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kindly confirm if you understood exactly what I need. Thank you
Expert:  MDLawyer replied 1 year ago.

I did read your entire post and did not see a question. That is why I wanted clarification from you as to what information you are seeking. Please keep in mind that this site is for legal information. We cannot provide legal services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I want is for you to write a letter mentioning the following: (I have used this site many times and have requested a few draft letters before seeding them. If you cannot or are unwilling to do it , can you please release this job for another Attorney to do it? Thank you