How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 33111
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Mississippi, how does a landlord collect a judgement

Customer Question

In Mississippi, how does a landlord collect a judgement after a successful tenant eviction? Our now evicted tenant is nowhere to be found and we don't have any employment info on her. She definitely lives the high life while leaving her 3 children with whoever?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You may need to hire a private investigator or "skip tracer" to locate the ex tenant. The private investigator can also, for a nominal charge, perform an asset search. Once you locate her, you can garnish her accounts and wages, attach her assets, etc., until the judgment is paid.

Your attorney can refer you to a reliable skip tracer in your area.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions