How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter signed a lease with an apartment. She wanted to

Customer Question

My daughter signed a lease with an apartment. She wanted to move to a different apartment so she asked the renter to find someone else. The renter found someone else and sent this message
"I am not sure if you’ve heard yet, but your apartment has rented!!! There will be 2 guys taking the lease so neither of you are obligated to live there. I am VERY glad that this has worked out."
My daughter then rented a different apartment. Later the renter said that due to some issue the apartment was not rented to the guys. By now she had already signed the other lease. Now the renter is asking her to pay full year rent.
What can we do? Can we file a lawsuit against them? I feel that my daughter is not obliged to pay anything. She is under lot of stess.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. What do you want to sue them for? Do you mean you do not want her to have to pay the rent for the rest of the year?

Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are you still with me?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions