How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a tenant and am being evicted, I have not gotten the

Customer Question

I am a tenant and am being evicted, I have not gotten the sheriffs notice yet and need to know how to go about filing vacating the default judgement. This eviction will cause extreme hardship financially, leave me and my disabled kids homeless. I have asked everywhere for help, I will even pay for a lawyer because of the details of this case are not typical and should be heard by a court. I need to file the vacate of the default case and make sure me and my children stay here till a safer and affordable rental can be found. I am in the middle of a divorce from a very abusive spouse and have support hearing with my spouse as well this month and also gave the 3 day notice to the courts, I did not realize my landlord was going to evict me. Again, the details to this case and evidence are a lot. What is the appropriate steps, pleadings, motions, etc. I need to take as no one will return a call and my hearing has passed since last Monday, I am left to protect myself and be my own legal advocate.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) what state this is in, and,

2) when was the writ granted?