How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57718
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The head of the house move out 3 years ago im in the least

Customer Question

The head of the house move out 3 years ago im in the least with my kids so as second tenant in my apartment an I want to put someone out of my place that it not in my least out my home what legal matter or action can I take. This person does not pay rent in two year only pay 500 dollar
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can evict this person but need to treat the person as a tenant. Often a lawyer letter will get the person motivated to leave. Otherwise, need to give 30 day notice to vacate before filing for eviction afterwords in court. Kindly rate the answer good or excellent.