How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 56537
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where would I find plaitiffs who have claims against and

Customer Question

Where would I find plaitiffs who have claims against and suffered from "SECTION 8 OF THE U.S HOUSING ACT OF 1937"[42 U.S.C. 1437]?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

That is an overly broad request, since there can be hundreds of different causes of action and claims under Section 8. However, you can find cases that have been reported by going to your local court library and using their online case search computer (unless you want to pay about $160 per hour to pay for your own access at home) and you would search the case files for "12 U.S.C. 1437" or "Section 8" and that would pull up all reported decisions for violations of those acts and then you can find the plaintiffs.

Otherwise, if you have a specific violation you are seeking plaintiffs on to start a class action suit, you would do that like attorneys do and have to advertise in the paper and online to find plaintiffs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean 42 USC 1437? So you're telling me I can't find them on Google scholar?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
For that broad a spread of cases, google scholar is a bit harder than lexis or westlaw which will let you better refine your search. If you want the search to be broader than it is already then you can start with google scholar though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opt out please
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Sure, good luck to you on your broad request. Hope it works out for you.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

different expert here. Have you attempted a search on google scholar with the statute? have you tried searching court files in person? or registering with PACER to access online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am registered with pacer and in less I know the parties names it's hard to find it their. I can do it in Google but what search terms are used to find cases in which the plaintiff has won
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

google scholar is your better option, and i would begin with the statute and the jurisdiction

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may add other search terms such as summary judgment, trial, verdict, decision, jury

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate my answer positively, thank you

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions