How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

7 days ago I lost my lawful detainer Case by failing to

Customer Question

7 days ago I lost my lawful detainer Case by failing to appear for a motion for summary judgment the sheriff posted a notice to vacate and I have 4 days before I'm locked out. This was a 30 day notice to quit eviction.. I have a triable issue and and an affirmative defense and would like to go to trial. Can I fix this if I file an ex parte along with a motion to vacate judgment along with a request for stay of execution
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning?Why did you fail to appear?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions