How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 56547
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello. What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I dont know why my question didnt go through.My landlord has posted a notice that I will not have access to my apartment for a 6 hour period while cosmetic upgrades are performed outside the front door to my unit. These upgrades were not at the request of any tenant, and are purely cosmetic in nature. Does my landlord have a right to deny me access to my unit for this reason.I want a specific law or precedent cited, obviously it would be illegal for my landlord to deny me access to my unit for months at a time, so there must be some law or precedent against this, even if this specific case does not fall under it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, and I am in Snohomish county, Lynnwood
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Landlord has to be provide habitable premises and quiet enjoyment. The basis is your lease and common law. Here landlord is interfering without basis and could make such changes in between tenancies or with tenant consent. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions