How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 32991
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

7 Days ago our patio covering collapsed and injured our cat.

Customer Question

7 Days ago our patio covering collapsed and injured our cat. Our landlord has not removed the rubble - waiting for insurance adjusters. The adjuster and an engineer has stated the conditions hazardous. But no action has taken place. What are our rights for this continuous inaction in case I must escalate the matter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Loren a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You should contact the local municipal or county building department. They will send out an inspector who will examine the building and debris for code compliance and cite the owner if he is in violation..

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions