How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We want to remove the tenant from our property. We do not

Customer Question

We want to remove the tenant from our property. We do not want them to pay the past due rent and stay in the house, but to be gone. The tenant has at least nine dogs. So it isn't a pay the rent and you can stay, but leave the property type of situation. Is there a special type of letter or form that needs to be sent or recorded at the court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Can you tell me what state you're in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phoenix, Arizona
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What mor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just looking for initial info, not ready to get an attorney.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the tenant is behind on rent, you must give him/her a 5 day notice to pay or quit the lease if you want the tenant out quick. Here's a good link you can read:

If you don't have a written lease, or if you don't want to rush the tenant out, you can give a 30 day notice to vacate and have them move out by then without demanding any unpaid rent -- but you have to wait longer:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Those are the real options, but the fastest is the 5 day notice to pay or quit....but if the tenant comes up with the rent, he/she'd have the right to remain in the property.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!