Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Ok sorry i didn't know how this worked i was looking

Customer Question

ok sorry i didn't know how this worked i was looking for a response page or link so now let me answer your questions.
Atlanta Ga, the lease was a 6 month lease with an expectation that I would buy the house in Jan 2016. I completed the lease of 6 months,Jan i paid the monthly and Feb also , I moved the last day of Feb. HO homeowner
I dint move out early. and I am actually confused with that too, the 4 months of rent he's asking for now 5600.00
the original lease that I signed didn't not include the part about if I didn't buy the house the lease was converted into a full year rental lease. He emailed me this add on but never mentioned what it was and it was never signed. He is a cop here in the town we live in and he had me served the week before last on Tuesday, however the marshall didn't leave any legal documents it was a printed out copy of the emailed lease with a staple that had yellow paper left on it from being torn off. I think he fixed that so I would fail to show or respon
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not exactly sure what your legal question is?

.

Are you saying that you decided not to exercise the option to purchase and then the landlord is trying to hold you responsible for additional rent?

.

Did you ever agree to the added on part about converting to a full year lease?

.

Do you have a copy of your original signed lease?

.

.

thanks