How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 29787
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was evicted from my home in PA i agreed to move by july 1

Customer Question

I was evicted from my home in PA i agreed to move by july 1 but i payed my landord months rent in advance i agreed in court for him to hold my security deposit untill i moved n he can check the property for any damage which there is none i only lived there for not even two months reason for eviction is he stated i had a pet he was unaware of which he seen i had a cat also my neighbor complained i was smoking in the house as per my lease is clearly states if smoking inside home i would be responsible for a 250$ cleaning fee that would be taken from my security deposit i received a letter from his attorney stating that i would receive my un used rent after i move which is not what i agreed to i court i need my un used rent to move i have tried to contack his attorney and he has failed to return my calls
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

If you prepaid rent for June, you do not need to pay your landlord again for June's rent. He cannot evict you for failing to pay rent you already gave him. The security deposit he gets to hold until you leave because sometimes accidents happen when people move out. But if you already went to court and he agreed to return the pre-paid rent, you can go back to the same court and file a Motion to Enforce. Basically what that means is that you'll explain the judge the agreement that was made, and let him know the landlord is violating it. If you have a copy of a signed agreement or a court order, attach it.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions