How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LandlordTenantAnswer Your Own Question
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 27549
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
LandlordTenantAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a tenant in a house in California that is making it

Customer Question

We have a tenant in a house in California that is making it difficult for us to sell the house. The house is going in foreclosure and we would like to sell it. He threatened and intimidated the first realtor and now we have a second realtor and he is refusing to answer calls, notices etc. What can we legally do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you want to sell the home, the tenant needs to cooperate with the showing. If the tenant fails to do so, you could proceed and evict them from the rental. The tenant needs to receive reasonable notice, about the showing and it can not be during times which disrupt them but they can not simply act this way. You can advise them if this continues, you will evict and they will be out of the home, rather then be able to stay until it is sold.
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any additional questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions