Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Good day I rented a room to a french man, I said him very

Customer Question

good day I rented a room to a french man, I said him very clear, I want my room lock, he can´t go into the room without my permission, we wrote it in our agreement , now the situation is bad, he want evict me, we wrote that will be 2 months notice for eviction, we agree in this both of us.now result he dont have permission from the owner to sublet, what can happen here? will I have the 2 months notice for leaving, or the owner can evict me faster due , the tenant dont have permission to sublet? thanks
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Just so I am clear here....You are renting a room from a French person who is renting the property from the landlord, correct?.And you agreed in the lease that you can have a lock on your door, correct?.Why does he want to evict you?.Have you violated the lease in some way?..thanksBarrister