How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 29986
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want my deposit back from former landlord $500.00 Can You HELP

Customer Question

Want my deposit back from former landlord $500.00 Can You HELP ME?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Security deposit disputes are typically filed in Small Claims Court, which tends to be more informal, more user-friendly, and does not require a lawyer. That's good news for you, because most lawyers would charge more than $500 to try a case for you. The state has all the information you need to open a case online, and you're allowed to ask that the other party also be ordered to reimburse your filing fees. (Many lawyers won't take these types of cases for that reason - it's not fair to you.) Here is detailed information on the process. Here is the form with the specific instructions. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any other questions about this?

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions