How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Renter is with holding rent because a small electrical outlet

Customer Question

renter is with holding rent because a small electrical outlet not working, making excuses, need some help i have gave her a 3 day quit or pay, i need help on filling a form out to evict her out of my home she does have a lease with me, please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me: 1) What state is this in?2) Is the form that you have online, and if so, can you link me to it?3 What specifically can I explain about the form? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is in California
Sacramento county
Yes the form is UD-150 the unlawful detainer form
She i claiming california civil code section 1941.1
That code lets her with hold my rent that i have to pay the bank for the mortgage
I just want to get her out she is trying to get free rent and she wants all her money back thats first and last and deposit
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. California has what is known as warranty of habitability. See HERE and scroll down to California. This is what she means by 1941.1. However, this does not apply to a small electrical outlet! It applies to significant issue affecting living condition. So she may be exaggerating the claim in order not to pay. Now, what specifically are your questions in regards ***** ***** UD-150?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know what this offer has for me
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
The site may have sent out a phone call offer automatically. If so, then feel free to disregard it. What I am asking is: Now, what specifically are your questions in regards ***** ***** UD-150?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to fill form the right way or the judge will theow it out
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Ramon, Okay. I can provide some information about this, sure. But I cannot fill it out line by line for you. So I am not sure what you are asking about the form. What do you need to know about it? For example: "What do I put in #5 in such a situation?" and/or "Do I click did or did not in #6?" Etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave a 3 day notice pay rent or quit letter she try not to accepted or opent the door but i told her personally she been serv n send her a certified letter by mail
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Your original question was: "i need help on filling a form out to evict her."When I asked you to be more specific, you are now telling me that you are having trouble with her accepting the notice and/or the form. At this point, we are back to the same place. What is your question? Thanks in advance for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has accepted the form because i verbal told her the she need to accept plus i posted on her door when she didnt open door and send her a certified mail letter of the notice
So now i need to file the form UD-150
So i can have the judge help me evict her and not give her any money for rents that are due and i can use the last n deposit for that
So the form kind of confusing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who could i get to help me fill the form out and i can go to the court today and submited
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess we r done ok thanks anyways
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I am going to opt out because we seem not to be communicating well. Another expert may be able to help, and I am placing your question back in the queue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,Thank you for using the forum. My name is***** am another expert on the site, the earlier expert has opted out.Regarding assistance in completing these forms correctly, while we are not permitted to go through the forms with you (that is the practice of law as opposed to providing general legal information) I do believe that I can provide you with some resources that will be extremely helpful in getting this person out of your rental unit.The California Courts have an extraordinarily helpful self help site that will walk you through the process (including all of the forms you need) here: (simply click on "evictions" and "for landlords")If you need additional help, the Sacramento Law Library is another excellent resource that can assist you with this (it has sample forms with bright red highlighting for each box and information that needs to be included) here:, if you need the maximum amount of help without going to a lawyer you can pay for a fee for use service (they have the same forms as identified above, but they also have calendaring and other helpful tips to assist you in getting through the process): would caution you here though - while it is really quite simple to complete these forms and file them, you are likely setting yourself up for a fight with your tenant over whether or not the electrical issue is a "habitability" issue. So consider whether or not you are prepared to appear in court on your own and represent yourself. If you believe you are ready to speak clearly and represent the facts in a way that you believe best conveys the issues at hand (the earlier expert gave you some links on habitability in CA and you can apply those standards to your electrical issue - you can find other information from the CA Attorney General here: If you are not prepared to do this, I would highly recommend retaining a lawyer - there is nothing wrong with this, and I do recommend doing so (particularly if this is your first eviction). Landlord tenant attorneys do not typically charge very much for an eviction - this is a routine task for them (they do it all the time, you do not). But this is just something to consider, you are by no means required to have an attorney.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a lawyer here in town
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, I do wish you the best of luck and hopefully a swift resolution to this tenant issue.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions