Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Ok I've lived at 2 years I paid

Customer Question
Ok I've lived at*****for almost...
Ok I've lived at*****for almost 2 years I paid a pet deposit for 300 dollars so two days ago a friend of mines pitbull attacked a neighbour's dog while breaking up the fight I was bit by the neighbour's dog twice cuz I got distracted when my dog nova interviewed and attacked epic I for sure know nova bit epic cuz that would of been the only way epic would release that other dog so now I have to either get rid of nova I have already sent epic and owner away never to return or I have to move so I was wondering since the landlord is forcing me to move do I get half rent and the 300 $ pet deposit back and half Dd so I can pay Dd on a new place I need to know asap also there charging me 260$ a day for every day nova stays here can they do that by law
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
5/5/2016
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 1 year ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.
Can you tell me what state this is in?.Is there something in your lease that makes this situation a violation of the lease so the landlord can evict you?.Who is charging you $260 a day for the dog?.Is that in your lease?.Has the landlord given you any written notice to terminate your lease?..thanksBarrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Edmonton alberta Canada
No he's not evicting me he's giving me a altematum get rid of nova or move
He is or the property management is
No its not in my lease
And no there was only text messages between frank my ĺandlord and myself also there is other pitbulls in this complex that have attacked other dogs and they have there dogs still that's not right
Ok, I will have to opt out and transfer this to the Canada law category as it is US based right now...Someone should be along to help in just a bit.. Barrister
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 1 year ago
retireddebra
What does it say in your lease about what you can do about having a pet and what you cannot do? Does is talk about what happens if the dog bites someone?Are you saying your dog did not bite the neighbour but just bit your friend's dog?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was two dogs here mine and my friends my friends dog attacked the dog and then my dog bit my friends dog in witch she let go of the neighbour's dog I was also bit by that neighbour's dog and now I'm forced to move cuz I won't give up nova all I need is to half this month's rent back and pet deposit witch is 650 $ and 300$ pet deposit
Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 1 year ago
You cannot be forced to move if you don't want to. There is no way for the landlord to say you must give up your dog and it is not grounds for eviction. There is no breach of the lease.If you want to leave then tell the landlord will you not leave until you get paid what you are entitled to and if the landlord won't agree either refuse to leave or sue the landlord in Small Claims Court.You can self-represent there and I can help you through this site so it will not be difficult nor expensive.
retireddebra
retireddebra
retireddebra