How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 102145
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in a subsidized apartment rental property ,my apartment

Customer Question

I'm in a subsidized apartment rental property ,my apartment was flooded by sewage water, they have not fixed the problem. They feel it's ok to leave the carpet,it's smells and what not
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation., Please tell me what are the problems, exactly. For example, there is an order - got it. What else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found My sink kitchen sink was half full of nasty water I called emergency maintenance #no answer the first couple of times, got a hold of him, he didn't seem like he wanted to come out, he didn't come out next morning my apartment was flooded when he did show up he was very rude, I am a paraplegic he started asking personal? That was none of his business, they think cleaning the carpet is ok. This after a week of nothing being done
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What state are you in, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.The warranty of habitability applies. A warranty of habitability states that the landlord must keep a property in Colorado fit to live in. This includes water. See HERE, and scroll down to COLORADO. You can give the landlord a written demand to have clean water and give them minimum 5 days to fix this. If this is not done, the tenant can breach the lease without penalty and demand the lease back, or withhold rent until water is supplied. NOTE that whatever government agency subsidizes the payment would also have to be kept in the loop, and may require more filings/documentation. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions