Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Can an HOA tell you that you can not have a caretaker living

Customer Question
with you? I fell 3...
can an HOA tell you that you can not have a caretaker living with you? I fell 3 years age fractured my back and need help with walking my 2 small dogs. My house is dived into 2 sections .the main house and a cabana with a full bathroom. For the past 3 years I've had people living there FREE just had to walk the 2 small dogs. this year on 1/25/16 I had hip replacement surgery which has left me in a wheelchair and walker. I am unable to care for myself. need help showering, cleaning,cooking, shopping,and washing clothes. My granddaughter and her fiance moved in the cabana to take care of me.My HOA said he was a tenant and that he had to move out in 30 days. Can they force me to have him move out and me to go into a nursing home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
4/28/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
1. What State are you located in?2. Did you ask them for the specific regulation that they are referring to or did they cite one in their letter?
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer