How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 7345
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get this house out of my name after this

Customer Question

how can I get this house out of my name after this bankruptcy discharge and am I still liable for payment to the health dept for the yearly checkup on the sewer system - have to pay this amount by May 1st 2016
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
If a bankruptcy discharge has been issued, then there is no longer personal liability for the mortgage debt. There is also no reason to pay any charges for sewer usage or the like. I presume that you are in the process of moving out, and permitting a foreclosure to take place. If you have already done so, then your responsibility for anything to do with that property is over.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions