How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial property disputes.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in a verbal contract rent to own property in pennsylvania.

Customer Question

I was in a verbal contract for a rent to own property in pennsylvania. I made major improvements to the house. I have no utilities to prove I lived there, just eyewitness testimony. I was told to leave. I left. No proper paperwork was filed with the courts to make it a proper eviction. I have a pending unjust enrichment lawsuit going on as well. Is there anything I can do about the eviction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation. You can amend your complaint for the equitable relief you are now seeking to include an illegal eviction claim as well, but as a purely practical matter do not expect any substantial damages to result from that additional claim.