How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask barristerinky Your Own Question
barristerinky, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 37363
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
barristerinky is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My rental home blow up and it caught on fire. it was determined

Customer Question

My rental home blow up and it caught on fire. it was determined that my roommate who was not on the rental agreement was at fault now the insurance company wants me to pay for the damages What can they do to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Since you are the tenant on the lease, you are the one liable for any acts of any guests that you may have living with you. So the insurance company could sue you for the costs of any damages in civil court. .If they did so, you may be forced to file bankruptcy to discharge the debt...thanksBarrister

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions