Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My landlord recently put a camera up in the hallway to my apartment

Customer Question
facing my door, the camera...
My landlord recently put a camera up in the hallway to my apartment facing my door, the camera can see into my apartment when my door is open is this legal? He is also giving special privileges to my neighboring tenant like allowing her to smoke in the apartment and have animals.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
4/7/2016
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 1 year ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question..Is the hallway a common area for use by any tenant?.Is the camera directed into your apartment specifically or can it just catch a glimpse if your door is opened?.Does your lease prohibit smoking and animals?...thanksBarrister
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer