How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 39160
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An appeal UD judgement. JA: The Family Lawyer will

Customer Question

An appeal for a UD judgement.
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: We are appealing the trial court's judgement in favor of the Landlord. We submitted photos, and gave testimony regarding a breach of warranty which resulted in a fall down faulty srairs, and I broke my leg. We were current on rent, but LL evicted us, and trial court DE idea in their favor. We need to know what is it we ask the appellate court to do at trial? Should we ask for a reversal of the judgement, onky, or us there something else?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Family Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, On appeal, you would ask the court to find that the trial court judge's decision is not supported by substantial evidence, given that a breach of the warranty of habitability is a defense to eviction, and the landlord clearly breached that warranty, by failing to maintain the stairs in good repair. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!