How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of real estate experience including foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, residential sales and condo/coop matters.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been living with my mother in a 6 apt building in nyc

Customer Question

I have been living with my mother in a 6 apt building in nyc for over 20year. am knot on the list could the landlord evicted me if my mom pass way? What can I do to keep the apt
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today. If your mother or a parent has their name on the lease, you will be ok if she passes away. They can't kick out the children of a tenant, so you should be in good shape! Best of luck,Kim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Love your service.
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** help. Don't forget to close out the question with positive feedback, so I get credit for my work with you.Take care,Kim

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions