How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to file an answer tomy former landlord's second amendment

Customer Question

I need to file an answer tomy former landlord's second amendment to dispossessory action that was filed in response to my counterclaim for breach of warranty of habitability.
JA: The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'll try to be brief. Within first 30 days, rental house was not habitable due to flooding in crawlspace resulting in standing water. Landlord took no action for more than 10 days so I called code enforcement and vacated the premises. A violation was issued by DeKalb County. Landlord amended claiming damages such a replacing the heating system..... the gas heater was lying on its side with the wiring exposed to the water in the crawlspace. I have many photos, letters and emails disproving all the allegations.
JA: OK. The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: The landlord is a former realtor and knew of the conditions AND has ignored the violations issued by DeKalb Code Enforcement.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.In what respect did the amended complaint differ from the complaint you originally answered? What is the assistance you need in formulating your answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I obtained assistance elsewhere. Thank you for responding.