How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 56578
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In housing court the judge gave me until the 31 of March to

Customer Question

in housing court the judge gave me until the 31 of March to vacate a apartment, how do I go about asking for a extension of the date?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You either negotiate with landlord or file an order to show cause before 3/31 seeking to extend the date due to circumstances, which you would explain in an affidavit. The motion would ask for a stay pending the court date. You would fill it out in the clerks office and its routinely granted so dont worry. Kindly rate me positively.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions