How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 56906
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I stopped paying the rent because I want to live my deposit

Customer Question

I stopped paying the rent because I want to live my deposit and leave the next month but my landlord started an eviction process. I am leaving because I wanted to not because she put an eviction but I don't want to have an eviction in my credit. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You can work out a settlement with landlord under which in writing you agree to leave and landlord withdraws the eviction. This saves landlord time and money. If landlord won't agree when court date happens you can tell same thing to judge who will require such a settlement without eviction! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions