How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My apartment building had a fire and my apartment had smoke

Customer Question

My apartment building had a fire and my apartment had smoke and water damage so I was told I could not live there any more. My apartment complex moved me to a different location and apartment that is nothing like my old apartment at all. Do I have to stay here and am I stuck in my old lease and do I have to sign this new lease? I'm in Savannah GA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you answer the question please
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

I want to confirm before we begin ... you're aware how this site works - that in order for us to receive credit for working with you, you need to submit a satisfactory rating - if you feel the performance of the person you're working with is satisfactory EVEN IF you're not necessarily happy with what the law is. Are those terms acceptable to you?

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of your lease agreement?