Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I had a notice on the door with no date or time that was

Customer Question

hi, i had a notice on the door with no date or time that was from the sherriff and said i must vacate immediately. My husband is a truck driver and left me thinking he paid the rent for february when he had only paid half and had his mail forwarded so i never saw a letter saying he still owed. Is there anything i can do? They put the notice one the door friday late afternoon
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im about to be thrown out at any time now but i never even knew the rent wasnt paid for february. I knew i had know way to pay march because my husband removed me from our bank account. I had no knowledge that i was about to be thrown out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Michelle. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state are you located? And, would it be possible for you to attach a copy of the notice that you received? Thanks.