How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 46
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Went to court yesterday and the judge threatened me to

Customer Question

Went to court yesterday and the judge threatened me to either sign the landlord attorneys stipulation for entry of judgment and take the deal or he was going to allow the eviction to go through even though it's a retaliatory eviction due to me having an open case with code enforcement in my County landlord still refusing to repair the habitability issues so I withheld the rent and the judge told me well you cannot tell me it's a retaliatory eviction if all your rent is not paid up I stated several times your honor I withhold rent because repairs were not made and he still allowed the eviction to go through how is any of this legal
JA: The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I can't find one I'm on disability and have very low income and have 3 kids and other thing is I know the judge is knowingly using judicial misconduct because it's my right to exercise my rights and it's against the law for me to be retaliated against but regardless of the proof I attach to my answer 35 Pages worth the judge still didn't care
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer should know?
Customer: How can I afford an attorney or get one for the appeal process if I'm on disability and don't have enough money
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. What State is this in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.